|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Cook Time||04:00 Hours|
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice add with liquids
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup fruit juice orange or pineapple
- 4 Each eggs Well beaten
- 2 cups nuts walnuts and pecans
- 1/4 pound white figs
- 1/4 pound citron
- 1/4 pound candied pineapple
- 1/4 pound seeded dates
- 1/4 pound candied grapefruit peel
- 1/2 pound seedless raisins
- 1/2 pound candied cherries
- Sift flour once, measure, add other dry ingredients and sift together 3 times.
- Cut fruits and nuts leaving them in rather large pieces.
- Dust the fruit with 1/2 cup of the flour mixture.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar; add marmalade and mix well.
- Stir in one cup flour mixture.
- Alternate the fruit juice and rest of flour, stir until smooth.
- Fold in the well-beaten eggs.
- Add fruits and nuts.
- Bake in 2 loaf or tube pan lined well with waxed paper. 3 to 4 hours in low oven (275)
- Place a shallow pan of water on the bottom of the oven for moisture.