|Prep Time||01:00 hour|
|Cook Time||00:10 minutes|
|Passive Time||2 hours|
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- Pecan Filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Stir butter, sugar, add corn syrup and egg yolks.
- Beat until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in flour gradually.
- Chill several hours.
- Make filling while dough is chilling
- Beat egg whites slightly.
- Using one tablespoon dough for each cookie, roll into balls
- Brush lightly with egg white, place on greased cookie sheet, leaving 2-inch space between cookies
- Bake 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Roll 1/2 teaspoon chilled filling into firm ball and press into center of each cookie.
- Return to oven and bake 5 minutes or lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes before taking from pan.
- Blend sugar, butter, and syrup in pan.
- Cook on medium heat
- Stirring until coming to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts.