- 2/3 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 3 cups cake flour or 2 1/2all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- French Silk Frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour baking pans, 13 x 9 x 2 inches, or two 9 inch or three 8 inch round layer pans.
- In large mixer bowl, mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat 5 minutes on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- On low speed, mix in flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake oblong 45 to 50 minutes, layers 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Very moist yummy cake