|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 pound pure lard
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 each egg
- 6 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Anise Seed
- 2-3 oz sweet wine or Brandy
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add eggs, Anise and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to first mixture a little at a time and knead until well mixed.
- Add wine and enough water to hold together.
- Roll out 1/2-inch thick and cut into funny shapes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.