- 1 9-inch pie crust See Ingredients section
- 1 quart fresh strawberries washed and hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Few drops red food coloring
- 1 container La Crème Whipped topping any size
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Bake pie shell
- Chop one cup of strawberries
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in water gradually until smooth
- Add chopped strawberries
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils
- Remove from heat
- Stir in food coloring
- Cool in refrigerator 1/2 hour
- Pour 3/4 of the syrup mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Stand up remaining strawberries in pie crust, reserving 1/4 cup (about 3 large strawberries) for garnish
- Pour remaining syrup over strawberries
- Chill until firm, about 3 hours
- To serve, top each slice with whipped topping and a slice of reserved strawberry.