- Vanilla Butter Frosting
- 1/3 soft butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 2 T of milk use enough milk to make a spreadable frosting not runny
- Mix thoroughly shortening, sugar, eggs, and flavoring.
- Blend in flour, baking powder, and salt
- Cover, chill at least 1 hour
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured cloth-covered board.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until very light brown.
- Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe
- Let cookies cool.
- Divide frosting into different bowls
- Add food coloring and mix to desired color shade
- Hints add other flavorings like lemon; to the yellow frosting, coco; to make chocolate, peppermint; for red, and etc.