|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||5 Hours|
- For the Pork Belly Burnt Ends:
- 5 lbs pork belly sliced into cubes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 1 cup dry rub see notes for our favorite
- For the Sauce:
- 1 cup favorite BBQ sauce we Golden Toad Purple Bottle
- 3 tblsp unsalted butter
- 2 tblsp honey
- Preheat smoker to 225 – 250 degrees using fruitwood (we used apple)
- Trim excess skin and fat off the pork belly and slice into 2-inch cubes and place into a large bowl.
- Add EVOO and dry rub liberally and then place cubes onto a wire rack or directly on the smoker.
- Smoke uncovered for three hours. Look for a darker red color and a modest bark develop.
- Remove the pork belly cubes from the smoker and place into a foil pan and then add your BBQ sauce, butter, and honey, and stir.
- Next cover the pan with aluminum foil and place back on the smoker.
- Cook for an additional 90 minutes or until the internal temperature (IT) is roughly 200 – 203 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the foil, close the lid to the smoker, and smoke for another 15 minutes to let the sauce thicken up.
- Remove from smoker and serve.
You must be logged in to post a comment.