- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion from 1 onion
- 1/2 cup celery from 2 stalks
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 canned tomatillos drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 cups Turkey Stock
- 2 cans 15.5-oz. white hominy drained and rinsed,
- 1 can 4-oz. of chopped green chili
- 4 cups shredded roast turkey chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Toppings thinly sliced radishes lime wedges, fresh cilantro leaves
- How to Make It
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, oregano, cumin, and chili powder; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
- Add tomatillos; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add Turkey Stock, hominy, and green chilis; bring to a boil.
- Stir in roast turkey; reduce heat to low, and simmer until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately with toppings.